Inspire Africa Group is steaming ahead with our Inspire S.T.E.A.M. programme, drone services, corporate events and activiations, and urgently looking to bolster our team with freelance Drone Instructors across South Africa. No need to move home to take on a career in the drone industry, Inspire Africa is coming to you.
Instruct clients on how to fly drones safely (using theoretical and practical training) and to programme/ code drones using Inspire Africa’s software. Assist at corporate events and activations in whatever capacity may be required. Assist the head instructor where needed.
Reports to: Operations Manager and Head Instructor
Position overview: As an Inspire Africa Instructor, you will be required to assist the head instructor in presenting drone courses, events, team building workshops, conferences and more. You will mainly be teaching students and clients about drones, how to fly them and teaching students how to code in block style coding and Python programming. All instructor training will be included in your employment. Experience in flying drones, building drones, coding and working with children and adults would be advantageous.
As an instructor, you are the face of the brand, and will therefore be required to always act professionally and maintain a professional appearance. Inspire Africa is comprised of a very motivated and ambitious team and look forward to welcoming new members into the team.
- Drone Courses:
- Present drone safety and flying theory;
- Provide practical, hands-on training;
- Provide training and coaching for children from ages 8 and up;
- Assist customers to build drones;
- Perform demo flights;
- Prepare and maintain equipment;
- Teach block coding and Python programming.
- Corporate Activations and
- Fly DJI drones and other drones;
- Communicate clearly about what Inspire Africa is about;
- Explain disruptive technologies;
- Engage with clients in a professional and friendly manner;
- Prepare equipment.
- Event duties:
- Assist the Inspire Africa marketing and events personnel and event organisers to achieve goals;
- Assist with any equipment/ merchandise sales;
- Prepare all equipment.
- Equipment Maintenance and Care:
- Assist in the maintenance of drones and other equipment;
- Care for LiPo batteries, ensure they are cared for to maximise life span;
- Ensure equipment is treated with care and handled responsibly;
- Perform kit checks.
- Enthusiasm and a shared vision for Inspire Africa;
- Professional appearance (fit and healthy);
- Team player;
- Problem solver;
- Client services background.
- Minimum Grade 12
- Minimum 1 years work experience in sales, events, education or RPAS operations
- Experience in computer programming
Applicants will be required to attend an interview during which there will be an initial skills test. Prior experience flying drones is, however, not a requirement.
As you will sometimes be working with children, you will be required to submit a certified copy of an identity document for police clearance purposes.
For applications, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of you CV (Not more than 2 pages long) and a short paragraph explaining why you believe you are suited to the role of instructor and what computer programming experience you have.